Skip to main content

after midnight

I got back at about 10 past midnight, second time to get back this late in my 5-week hiatus from Mission College. A bunch of us went over to UMS to support our very own Mae in a singing competition yang mempertandingkan lagu-lagu patriotic, it was an inter-university thing so there were a lot of audience.

We got to the recital hall, which is called Dewan Resital (Malay should seriously start considering coining new and original Malay words) at about 7.35 pm and man was the place packed with students in pink baju kurung and baju melayu. Well, we felt a little overdressed - jeans. So we waited for Clarvie and Clarice to join us, so the more the merrier and the less embarrassment felt. After a few minutes of delay trying to locate each others' cars, we met up and strutted right to the entrance. We hesitated for a moment, because there was a guard at the door, and Valen went up to the guy and told him that we were with the Education Dept. So we made our entrance, we had to stand for a while before one of the female ushers showed us some available seats. Well I was sitting in the middle of Muslim women who were fully clad. It was warm, there was no air-con, probably so that the instruments will stay in tune and probably to tune down the performers' nervousness. Anyway, the show went on and on and Mae's turn came. It was a trio though but Mae got the LEAD and she was fantastic!!! In her pink modern kebaya with a pink choker!!! :D Well, let's just say that her other singing counterparts didn't do quite enough justice for the piece. Some of the performers were worth applauding, trying not to sound like a stereotype Malaysian artiste whatsoever, but a majority of those singing did sound alike. Hmmm....

The jury was made up of professionals, Dato Johari, and Adnan Abu Hassan and I didn't get the third guy's name. Anyway, UMS got first... Congrats to Sabahans, and the naib johan and tempat ketiga i lupa sudah....

I want to type more but my fingers are not cooperating with my head... Just want to mention one last thing, the somporing a.k.a. bamboo saxophone performance was superb, the MCs were crapping around though

We went to McD and I had a Big Mc.....good good good...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spinning in my head

It's Saturday night/Sunday morning. I should be asleep right now but weekends only happen on weekends. This Sabbath was quite interesting. The church pastor will be talking about Sabbath-keeping throughout the Sabbaths of this month. He mentioned the necessity of saying "No!" to requests. That's a skill I have yet to master. Another point he brought up was that the Sabbath is meant for communion with friends, family, and God. Well, some people will have to take that seriously. A few updates for this week, I think you know that I have rearranged the room, and I am on the verge of buying some traditional-Thai looking furniture/items to fill the room up. Don't ask me why I'm buying these things when I'm close to leaving. Yes, I've started using this traditional face wash and cream. Many of my friends are using it and it has proven worth trying. Look at the blue!! What's in the lamp? What's in the book? What are you looking at? Zits galore. Pls pe...

BAREFOOTERS love DUMPLINGS

Yes, that’s the name of the singing group I’m in.  Me and a bunch of friends started singing a couple of years back.  Members have gone and come… gosh don’t get me started I WANT TO CRY…sobs. Here are some pictures of practices we have.  We believe in having food and fun during practice time.  You know how vocalists emphasize the activeness of bridge between our eyes during singing and vocalization/warm-ups. We, instead of looking silly with crazy eyes while singing, opt for another type of stimulant… DONE prior to practice.  DUMPLINGS!!!! I’m so going to miss these beautiful people.

i want to go to these places in january

Pulau Sapi Pulau Manukan Must visit Islands!!! I call myself a Sabahan but I have not really explored Sabah. ptuii.... So when I fly back (nothing definite yet people) I shall plan out a comprehensive travel itinerary. Use my holiday to the fullest! p/s: got these pictures from this site: http://www.malaysia-islands.com/html/tar-marine-park/beach/manukan.shtml