rain, perhaps? but they said meatballs will fall out from the sky.
Incidents at my work place – Boss to Daron, “Daron, please cook one rice!” Daron to Boss, “Yes, Boss! One rice coming up!” As I reach into the bucket where they store rice, my eyes quickly jump from one rice (what’s the classifier for rice?) to the other. It’s SO hard to pick out which RICE that deserves to be boiled and served to the customers later. I finally have my pick, I wash the rice twice with cold water, and then measure a droplet of hot water to boil the rice with. I do all of these in a large 10 liter rice pot. Please cook one rice please people.
other funny words encounter: mik entree, sepring roll, kali puff, I’m sure there are more. I just need to fine tune my ears.
My two weeks of midterm holidays came to end yesterday. It’s back to the grind now. I still three more weeks of classes, a presentation of my research project, and finally my internship (which begins this week) and will run till the middle of November. I have about two to three weeks to linger around before I board the Singapore Airlines’ A380, where I’ll be sitting in 38G (aisle seat) sipping a Bloody Mary (just joking?) while watching and listening to the latest movies and music :) Can’t wait!
Comments